After a great start to the summer season, now comes the hard part! Improving on all those awesome times throughout the season.
To help accomplish this goal, SDMS is doing an Index Card Challenge this week (6/15-19).
Each swimmer will be sent home with an index card from practice. Every athlete should to fill out the card with:
- Name (on top of the card)
- Events swam at the first meet
- Times in those events from the first meet
- Goal times for those same events for the SDMS Championship Meet
- Any other goals in other events throughout season.
Some examples include:
- Time improvement goals (Ex: drop 1 second in every other race)
- Final time goals (Ex: swimming a 35 in the 50 Free)
- Learning/Improving a new stroke
- Improving a skill (Ex: turns)
If your swimmer didn’t swim in the first meet but is actively practicing (and/or returning from a family vacation), please still complete this card and set goals for their main events and any other goals.
SDMS coaches will collect these cards all week back from the kids and hang them on the white boards located on the way to the pool deck.
The best part? As kids reach their goals, we will have them update the cards. This means our athletes are always focused on improvement because their goals continue to adapt to their changing skills.
This Index Card Challenge may seem like a small thing, but it’s been proven to make a BIG impact. We can’t wait to see your goals!