Practices are Monday-Saturday each week of season. Swimmers should attend the practice time they registered for in advance of season. Can’t remember which class you signed up for? No problem. We’ll post the class rosters as of early September and early October. Final rosters will be posted October 22.
Current Winter 2018-19 Roster
Posted in early September
Practice Days & Times
- Novice/Intermediate Swimmers
- Tues/Thurs 6:00-7:00PM & Sat 11:30AM-12:30PM OR
- Tues/Thurs 7:00-8:00PM & Sat 12:30-1:30PM
- Advanced Swimmers
- Mon/Wed/Fri 6:00-7:00PM & Sat 10:00-11:00AM
- MS Elite Swimmers
- Mon/Wed/Fri 6:00-7:30PM & Sat 10:00-11:30AM
Holiday No Practice Dates
- Wednesday, Nov. 21-24: No practice
- Practice will resume Monday, Nov. 26
- Thursday, Dec. 20-Jan. 5: No practice
- Practice will resume Monday, Jan. 7
Winter Weather Policy
In the event of winter weather, practice and/or meets will be canceled. South DM Swimming will post something on the website, send an email, post on Facebook, ect if this were to occur. We typically use the guidelines set by the Des Moines Public School District. For example: if DMPS cancels school or evening activities, we will not host practice.
Shared Facility Conflicts
SDMS shares a facility with Rails Swimming (high school and middle school swimmers from Carlisle, Norwalk and the southside of Des Moines). Unfortunately, this means there are occasional schedule conflicts requiring us to cancel practice. To help our families be aware of these schedule changes, we post a monthly “Daily Schedule” where practices, meets and any cancelations are listed. Simply access all of these posts from the home page under News & Info or by clicking on the Daily Schedule button above.