The Seahawks headed Johnston’s Summit Middle School this past weekend (10/24-10/25) to compete at the CIA Fall Mixer USA swim meet. The team had 25+ personal best races and season has just begun! SDMS scored 568.5 points as a whole and had three additional Midwest Regional qualifications. See more meet highlights below.
With so many fast swims over the weekend, we can’t recognize everyone. Here’s just a few of the great swims from the meet.
- Samantha Douds took 3rd place in the Girls 8 & U 25 Breaststroke with her time of 25.04, a new personal best (-3.85 seconds)
- Keegan Kraft’s personal best time in the Boys 8 & U 25 Free, a drop of 11.57 seconds, earned him a Midwest Regional qualification
- Paola Santiago’s Girls 9-10 100 IM time of 1:32.54 was a personal best (-4.30 seconds)
- Will Chase dropped 8.11 seconds in his Boys 9-10 100 IM to a personal best time of 1:29.92
- Brianna Evans swam the Girls 11-12 50 Fly in 41.66, an improvement of 9.36 seconds
- Sam Wilson took 7th place in the Boys 11-12 100 Fly with his new best time of 1:21.80 (-14.58 seconds)
- Ashley Liening dropped multiple seconds in all SEVEN of her races! The largest drop was 9.58 seconds of the Girls 11-12 200 IM to a 2:59.
- Cat Dooley swam had multiple personal best races and qualified for the Girls 13-14 100 Free for Midwest Regionals after dropping over 7 seconds to a 1:03.50
- Will Bennett qualified for Midwest Regionals in the Boys 13-14 100 Free with his personal best time of 59.45
You can also check out the full meet results found under the USA Swimming tab.
If you’re interested in comparing times to last year, check out the meet archive. There’s a SDMS Meet Results Archive found Club Swimming and a USA Meet Results Archive found under USA Swimming. As we can, we’ll try to update with additional meets from prior seasons.
RIP Ride The Wave | Nov. 13-15: The SDMS USA swimmers head to SE Polk High School to try to earn fastest seed times. The swimmers are constantly aiming for the “Q” times for the Midwest Regional meet and the ISI State Meet (Iowa’s USA Swimming State Meet). Good luck Seahawks!