SDMS Does Well at RIP’s Ride The Wave
The SDMS USA swimmers attending the Riptide’s Ride the Wave meet held 11/12-11/14 this weekend. Several swimmers had more personal bests and we’re still just a few weeks into season! Everyone has been working hard at practice in order to meet their season goals like improved times, earning ribbons, and qualifying for the Midwest Regionals Meet.
Here’s just a few meet highlights from the recent USA meet. As always, you can also view the full meet results.
- Ellie Dueland swam the 8 & U Girls 25 Breaststroke in 24.14 (-.79 seconds) and took 2nd place!
- Samantha Douds swam the 9-10 Girls 50 Back in 46.77 (-8.93 seconds)
- Will Chase took 4th place in the 9-10 Boys 100 Free with his time of 1:12.22 (-1.43 seconds)
- Brianna Neifert swam the 11-12 Girls 200 Free in 2:31.88 (-3.71 seconds)
- Sam Wilson had a personal bests in the 11-12 Boys 200 Free, a 2:40.34 (-9.91 seconds), and 100 Back, a 1:22.33 (-8.31 seconds)
- Torin Lackmann took 3rd in the 11-12 Girls 100 Breaststroke with a 1:18.20 (-1.83 seconds)
- Thomas McPhee dropped time in all of his events, Boys 11-12 100 Back, 50 Back, 50 Free and 100 Free.
- Cat Dooley dropped almost 17 seconds in her 13 & Up Girls 200 Breaststroke to 2:56.32
- Will Bennett swam the 13-14 Boys 100 Free in 59.78 (-1.02 seconds)