The SDMS Seahawks’ USA team attended the DSMF Fall Invite at Valley High School this weekend (11/21-11/22). It was a great way to head in to the Thanksgiving break. Several swimmers had season best and/or personal best times.
Speaking of more personal best times, as the season progresses – many swimmers may notice their times have a slight plateau. This is very normal to see before the taper begins. We encourage everyone to keep working hard so the planned practices and upcoming taper are able to give the athletes the biggest time drops. These time drops are fun to see the SDMS Championship meet and final USA meet of the year. The faster swims also mean additional qualifications for Midwest Regionals and/or ISI State. Good luck!
Below are just a few highlights from the meet.
- Keegan Kraft took third in the 8 & U Boys 100 IM with his time of 1:46.69
- Ellie Dueland swam a personal best 8 & Under Girls 50 Breaststroke in 54.08 (-11.50 seconds)
- Paola Santiago’s 41.60 time in the 9-10 Girls 50 Fly earned her 8th place
- Emma Sizemore swam her best time, 1:46.94 (-3.34 seconds), in the 9-10 Girls 100 Breaststroke
- Thomas McPhee dropped an amazing 41.59 seconds to a 2:34.93 in 11-12 Boys 200 Free
- Aubrey Douds swam the 11-12 Girls 200 Free in 2:20.01 (-2.74 seconds), a personal best time
- Will Bennett had nice time of 27.10 in 13-14 Boys 50 Free
- Cat Dooley had a personal best 13-14 Girls 100 Free time, 1:02.28 (-1.22 seconds)