The SDMS Seahawks went to Ames for their first USA meet after the winter break this past weekend (1/15-17). The ACAC Winter Classic meet was full of strong competition. There had 12 teams (including unattached groups) swimming with over a 100 athletes. SDMS swimmers finished in the Top 10 in a lot of events and won SIX events. Great job! Additional meet highlights are below.
Below are just a few meet highlights. Check out the full meet results to see how everyone did!
- Ellie Dueland WON the 8 & Under Girls 25 Breaststroke in 24.00.
- Keegan Kraft WON the 8 & Under Boys 25 Breaststroke with a personal best time of 24.62 (-.39 of a second)
- Keegan also WON the 8 & Under Boys 25 Back in 22.53 (-.78 of a second), a personal best
- Torin Lackmann WON the 11-12 Girls 100 Breaststroke with her time of 1:18.53
- Thomas McPhee took 2nd place in the 11-12 Boys 50 Back with a personal best time of 33.82 (-.64 of a second)
- Olivia Feuling’s 1:16.53 (-2.02 seconds) was a personal best in the 9-10 Girls 100 Free
- Will Chase WON the 9-10 Boys 100 Free with his personal best time of 1:11.48 (-.74 of a second)
- Will also WON the 9-10 Boys 50 Breaststroke with a 42.74
- Emma Sizemore had a personal best swim in the 9-10 Girls Breaststroke, a 49.30 (-2.05 seconds)
- Emma Chase took 8th in the 11-12 Girls 50 Breaststroke with her time of 41.38
- Aubrey Douds took 3rd place in the 11-12 Girls 100 IM with a personal best time of 1:12.33 (-1.61 seconds)
- Lauren Benson also had a personal best time in the 11-12 Girls 100 IM, a 1:13.91 (-1.24 seconds)
- Paola Santiago and Olivia Feuling TIED for 2nd place with a 1:36.67. That’s a personal best for Paola (-1.14 seconds).
CIA Blues Buster | Johnston’s Summitt Middle School, Jan. 30-31: The SDMS USA swimmers only have one meet left before the ISI Regionals meet! This CIA Blues Buster is chance to qualify for ISI State. SDMS is hoping to qualify 25+ athletes! You can view the current list of qualifiers under the USA Swimming tab.