SDMS had their last “dual” meet of the season on Monday (2/8)! This time the meet was a standard intersquad club meet, with traditional distances and seeding. It was a great meet with a ton of time drops off seed times. In fact, as a team, the Seahawks dropped 174.52 seconds! It is awesome to see how much progress the athletes have made since they started season way back in October (or September/August, depending on practice level).
Below are some highlights from the recent club meet. Since we can’t recognize everyone, we encourage you to view the full meet results!
- Avry Vande Kamp took 2nd in the Girls 8 & U 25 Free with her time of 21.67
- Corrin Sealine’s 45.18 earned her 4th place in the Girls 9-10 50 Free
- Mitch Martinez took 3rd in the Boys 9-10 50 Free with a 1:02.71
- The Top 6 times in the Girls 11-12 50 Free were all under 33 seconds! Aubrey Douds won it 28.41.
- Alec Kessler took 2nd in the Boys 11-12 50 Free with his time of 34.50
- Jaida Pratt earned 5th place in the Girls 9-10 50 Back with her time of 52.12
- Kaden Klocke’s 46.59 Boys 11-12 50 Back time earned him 5th place
- Courtney Meyer out-touched Kalani Mangin in the Girls 13-14 100 Back to earn second place in a close race! (1:17.57 vs. 1:17.76) Great job to them both!
- Christian Chihak took first in the 11-12 50 Breaststroke with his time of 53.60
Here’s some photos from the meet! It’s fun to see our Seahawks in action. Feel free to share photos with us anytime!
SDMS Championship Meet, February 21: We strongly encourage all of our families to attend the SDMS Championship meet! This is the last official meet of the club season so it offers a chance to compare times from the first meet of the season to now. Plus – swimmers can earn medals, in addition to ribbons. At this meet, the swimmers typically see some additional time drops and the team qualifies even more people to the Midwest Regional meet.