The Seahawks ended the 17+ week winter season on Monday (2/22) with the SDMS Championship Meet. The team did great, dropping 210.44 seconds as a group that night alone! But that’s not all – 15 team records were set at the meet!
It was definitely another successful season! We’re proud of all of our SDMS swimmers and the progress they made this season. If you’d like to see how much your athlete(s) improved this season, take a look back at the meet results from the first meets of the season. They can be found in the Meet Results Archive.
New Team Records
Congrats to all the new record holders! You can also view all of the team records.
- 13-14 Boys Medley Relay: Santiago, Slycord, Klocke, Bennett; 2:04.11
- 15 & O Girls Medley Relay: Worth, Dooley, Benson, Bennett; 2:04.62
- 11-12 Girls Medley Relay: Neifert, Lackmann, Benson, Douds; 2:07.85
- 15 & O Boys Medley Relay: Greenwood, Clark, Worth, Belden; 1:47.50
- 11-12 Girls 50 Free: Aubrey Douds; 28.03
- 13-14 Boys 100 Back: Javier Santiago; 1:06.75
- 13-14 Girls 100 Back: Ella Worth; 1:11.19
- 9-10 Boys 100 Free: Will Chase; 1:08.74
- 13-14 Boys 100 Free: Javier Santiago; 57.15
- 8 & U Boys 25 Fly: Keegan Kraft; 22.56
- 11-12 Girls 50 Fly: Lauren Benson; 31.53
- 11-12 boys 50 Fly: Thomas McPhee; 31.93
- 8 & U Girls 25 Breaststroke: Ellie Dueland; 23.27
- 13-14 Girls 100 Breaststroke: Catherine Dooley; 1:17.75
- 15 & O Boys 100 Breaststroke: Davide Pacini; 1:08.95
Other Meet Highlights
Of course, we saw a ton of other great swims too! Below are just a few of them so be sure to check out the full meet results too.
- PJ Jones had personal best times in the 25 free (22.53) and 25 back (25.07)
- Charlie Berdovich’s 43.38 was a personal best time in the 8 & U Boys 50 Free
- Logan Neifert swam Sub :60 in 100 free with his time of 59.55
- Kalani Mangin had a personal best time in the 13-14 Girls 100 Back with a 1:13.88
- Sutton McNelly swam the 9-10 50 Back in 48.48
- Mariah Baenisch broke 40 seconds for the first time in her 11-12 50 free (39.44)
Team Party Photos
Thanks again to everyone for another great season!! We celebrated together as team on Tuesday (3/23). Here’s a few photos of the fun!
Annual Pay Registration is open! Register for an entire year of swimming now. Available for all practice levels. Registering annually saves you 15%. Plus – you get first choice of practice slots for both Summer 2016 and Winter 2016/17 (which are capped to prevent over-crowding).
Want to save even more? Refer a friend! For every friend who registers for swim team, you’ll receive $25 (as a refund on your registration or as a store credit). For example, if family friends register their two children for the swim team – you’ll get $50! Feel free to print and/or save the summer informational flier to share with others.
Be sure they include your name on the registration form under the Referred By line so we can give you your credit!