The SDMS swimmers had their first club meet of the summer season on Monday, June 20! This Gray vs. Gold meet is a great way to kick-off the competitive part of season. Everyone had an awesome meet! In fact, we also saw some new personal best times!
Meets provide a chance for swimmers to see how their hard work in practice pays off with faster races at meets. This first meet acts as a benchmark for the rest of season, so swimmers can work on improving times and aim towards their goals set at the beginning of season
Below are a just a few highlights from the meet. We also encourage you to check out the full meet results!
- Reagan Anderson swam her 8 & Under 25 Free in 19.84 seconds!
- Cael Anderson, the youngest on our team, swam his 25 Free in a strong 42.31.
- Katie Combs swam her way to second place in the Girls 9-10 50 Back (47.10 seconds)
- Keegan Kraft swam his 9-10 50 Back in 46.54
- Ripley Berg swam her 11-12 50 Free in 30.10 seconds. Very close to a sub :30 time!
- Adam Morlan raced to a third place finish in the Boys 11-12 50 Free (38.11)
- Courtney Meyer swam a her 13-14 100 Back in a very fast 1:13.81!
- Shaun Slycord edged out a close win (.2 0f a second!) in the 13-14 50 Free (26.42)
For this meet, ribbons are awarded by age-group and by gender.
Below are a few photos from meet. These were taken by Caleb Meyer, a recent LHS Swim alum.