SDMS held the Battle of the Ages meet on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
This meet has a unique twist on it, the races are matched simply by seed time. In other words, regardless of age, everyone will swim with others of a similar time. This also means ribbons and medals are awarded overall, rather than the age-group and male/female. This fun spin on our traditional club meet allows the ages to “battle” to see which age-group wins the most events or take homes the most ribbons. It’s a simple way to add a little friendly competition!
The meet was filled with fun and exciting races. Particularly the relays, which had all ages mixed together based solely times. All in all, everyone did great at their first SDMS meet back from break! See more meet highlights and some photos below.
Below are just a few highlights from the meet. Check out the full meet results as well!
- Top 10 (of 53) in the 50 Free featured mostly swimmers 14 and under!
- Aubrey Douds (13) took 2nd
- Catherine Dooley (14) took 3rd
- Anika Snow (14) took 5th
- Ripley Berg (12) took 6th
- Courtney Meyer (14) took 7th
- Alec Kessler (13) took 8th
- Josie Helm (13) took 9th
- Matthew Gudenkauf (13) took 10th
- Top 3 in the 50 Back were all 10 years old!
- Olivia Feuling took 1st
- Samantha Douds took 2nd
- Emma Sizemore took 3rd
- 2 in the Top 6 in the 100 Free were 12 year olds!
- Ripley Berg took 5th
- Brianna Neifert took 6th
- Top 3 in the 100 Breaststroke featured 2 13 year olds and a 14 year old
- Torin Lackmann (13) took 1st
- Catherine Dooley (14) took 2nd
- Emma Chase (13) took 3rd
- The 8 and Under group still had their own races. They did great!
- PJ Jones won the 8 & U 50 in 44.76
- Blake Bennett took 2nd in the 8 & U 25 Back in 25.99
- Jack Brooks took 3rd in the 8 & U 25 Free in 23.62