Seahawks Swim Great at ISI Regionals
The Seahawks’ USA swimmers attended the ISI Regionals meet over the weekend. This meet is a last chance meet to qualify for ISI State so swimmers aimed to swim their best!
SDMS was one of 13 swim teams to attend the meet. The Seahawks boasted 19 Top 10 finishes (of 41 swims), including two first places! SDMS Swimmers added six additional qualifying events to the current qualifiers for ISI State (held in March). Check out the full list of qualifiers to see who has qualified for ISI State and in what events. In order to qualify for this meet, the swimmer must hit a “Q” time at a USA meet.
Below are just a few meet highlights. Check out the full results to see how all the Seahawks did.
- Aubrey Douds finished first in the Girls 13-14 100 Fly (1:07.08) and 200 Free (2:07.69).
- She also qualified to ISI State in both events as well as her 200 IM (2:26.72 / 4th place)
- Samantha Douds qualified for ISI State in the Girls 10 & Under 50 Free (33.35 / 4th place)
- She also finished in the top 10 in all of her events!
- Hannah Groos qualified for ISI State in the Girls 11-12 200 Free (2:33.60) and took 3rd!
- Torin Lackmann’s Girls 13-14 100 Fly time, 1:09.58, qualified for ISI State!
- Ellie Dueland dropped 2.68 seconds in the Girls 10 & Under 50 Breaststroke to 47.09 and took 8th!
- Katie Liedtke swam EVERY 8 & Under event plus two 50 events! She did great!
- Will Chase swam the Boys 11-12 200 Free in a 2:26.37 and took 7th!
- Henry Groos dropped 1.90 seconds to 1:33.84 in the Boys 10 & Under 100 IM