Seahawks Swim Fast in CIA Fall Mixer
While the Winter 2017 club season doesn’t officially begin until 10/23, some Seahawks have already competed in their first meet of the season! The SDMS USA swimmers headed to the CIA Fall Mixer this past weekend (10/20-21).
The year-round advanced and/or middle school elite swimmers have been in the water for several weeks. For some, it’s a chance to be ready for these early Fall USA meets. For others, the extra practice time is simply a perk for paying for year-round swimming. Either way, the pool time gives them a chance to get back in the water working on technique and endurance.
Below are a few highlights from the Fall Mixer.
- Samantha Douds finished 6th overall in the 9-10 Girls 100 Free with a 1:11.68
- She also took 5th in the 9-10 50 Free with a 31.38 (-1.56 seconds)
- Keegan Kraft dropped 1.39 seconds to a 39.57 in 9-10 Boys 50 Free and took 8th place
- Hayley Neifert swam the 11-12 Girls 50 Back in a 45.03, a drop of 3.71 seconds!
- Brianna Neifert started off the season with a big race – Girls 13-14 200 Back! She finished in 2.39.45
- She also swam the 13-14 100 Back in 1:12.09 (as fast as some girls on the Rails HS team!)
- Ellie Dueland dropped 1.93 seconds in the 9-10 Girls 100 IM to a 1:38.16
- Aubrey Douds finished 4th in the 13-14 Girls 100 Free with a time of 57.84! This is also a fast as some Rails HS swimmers!
Below are a few photos from the meet courtesy of Coach Val. If you have photos from any meets you’d like to share, you can tag us on social media or email them Coach Weber.