The Seahawks had their first club meet on Thursday, Nov 9th. Over 70 swimmers jumped into the pool for the Gray vs. Gold meet. This first meet was a great chance for everyone to get some benchmark times for the start of season. Returning swimmers can also compare their times to the summer Championship Meet and their winter 2016 times. Meets can be found under the Meet Archive tab or the Current Season tab.
In order to make the swim meets competitive for all swimmers, the events are swam mixed for each age group. This gives us some great races since everyone with similar times can race each other.
Season is off to a great start!
Below are a few meet highlights. You can view the full meet results here and under Current Season.
- Jack Brooks won the 8 & Under 25 Free in 20.19
- Annie Proctor’s 22.91 earned her 2nd place in the 8 & Under 25 Free
- Harrison Eighmy took 2nd in the 9-10 50 Free with a 35.09
- Ellie Dueland swam her 9-10 50 Free in a 37.00 and took 4th
- Blake Bennett won the 8 & Under 25 Back in 23.44
- Tori Dudley won the 11-12 50 Back in 38.26
- Trevor Clark’s 11-12 50 Back time of 42.07 earned 2nd place
- Anika Snow (57.39) and Ava Zaugg (59.85) raced to 1st and 2nd in the 13-14 100 Free after wrapping up high school swim season