SDMS Races at CIA Blues Buster
The Seahawks joined 11 other teams at the recent CIA Winter Blue Buster (1/25-26). This USA meet was the first back from break for our team. 17 SDMS swimmers hopped in the pool to compete against some of the best athletes around the state. As the winter season winds down, the meet was a great chance to get “Q” times for ISI State or Midwest Regionals.
Check out the SDMS USA Members page to see the entire USA member list. Plus, you can see any qualifying events for the ISI Short-Course or ISI Age-Group Championship meets.
Below are few meet highlights.
- Grace Crady raced to a 1:09.92 (-7.51 seconds) in the Girls 15 & Over 100 Back
- Will Chase took 8th overall in the Boys 11-12 50 Breaststroke with his time of 39.32
- He also had an impressive 200 Free time of 2:23.70
- Emma Chase swam a 1:20.95 in the Girls 13-14 100 Breaststroke, which is close to her taper time from HS season
- Ripley Berg dropped almost 3 seconds in her 13-14 100 Breaststroke race to a 1:28.70
- Aubrey Douds finished third overall in two of her events – Girls 13-14 50 Free (26.53) and 100 Fly (1:06.26)
- Courtney Meyer raced to a 1:12.28 in the Girls 15 & Over 100 Back
- Samantha Douds dropped 6.89 seconds in the Girls 11-12 100 IM to a 1:23.28
Below are few photos from the meet, courtesy of C. Pose Photography! To see more, check out our Instagram – @SDMSeahawks. Thanks to A. Meyer for sharing those!