Unfortunately we had to cancel the meet scheduled for tomorrow. We had a water quality issue. While we think it’s minor and will be resolved in the next 24 hours, we just can’t take the chance that everyone will show up for the meet and be unable to swim.
If you’ve already paid using the online store – we will refund your money.
We hope to look at a date in the fall or next spring with the goal of trying to host the meet again.
Thank you so much for your understanding!
Original article with meet details:
SDMS recently created a one-of-a-kind bonus meet for all club swimmers – the Seahawks Spring Splash. We invited local teams from around the metro (even as far as Newton and Carroll!) to participate so all athletes will have a chance to compete against swimmers from other teams. The meet is designed to give swimmers the chance to race for benchmark times before the summer season kicks off.
This meet works a little different from other standard club or USA meets. There is a meet fee to participate (like USA Meets), but it’s not based on the number of events an athlete swims. Instead it’s just a flat $10 fee. All events will be seeded by time, not gender or age (similar to the Seahawk Sprint Classic). This will ensure everyone gets as competitive of a race as possible. Following the meet, we’ll assign meet records based on age-group and gender.
While this meet is appropriate for athlete’s off all skill levels, please note that the shortest length is 50 yards (2 lengths). Additional details and the sign-up steps are below.
- Saturday, May 5th
- 10:00AM Start
- 8:00AM First Warm-Up.
- Additional warm-ups begin every 30 minutes
- Doors open at 7:30AM
- $10/entry fee per swimmer
- Use the “Pay Now” button to pre-pay and pre-register to skip the Saturday morning line
- Otherwise, sign-up and pay the morning of the meet
- $3/spectator fee per non-athlete
- Collected the morning of the meet
- Head to shop.southdmswimming.com to pay for your spot(s)
- Note: Just above the “Add to Cart” button, there’s a meet sign-up button (see right).
- Once you’ve paid, click on the meet sign-up button to select your events
- Complete the sign-up form.
- Events are listed in the order of the meet, so keep that in mind when choosing events
- Don’t forget your seed times. Without them, we’ll use an NT. That will put the athlete in the first heat.
- Seed times can be found under the Club Meet Results archive. We recommend using your SDMS Championship Meet or Midwest Regionals finals times.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone against everyone Saturday!