SDMS Wins 5th Straight Conf. Title!
Last weekend (2/22 & 2/23) marked an exciting milestone for South DM Swimming. The Seahawks won their 5th straight conference meet with a final score of 1916! The meet was marked by great swims from the entire team, as kids dropped time off their seed times and took home medals and ribbons!
With such great performances by our whole team, we can’t highlight everyone but here’s a few notable swims:
- SDMS took 4 of the top 5 spots in the Girls 9-10 50 Free (1st – Lauren Benson, 2nd – Taylor Kling , 4th – Courtney Meyer, 5th – Aubrey Douds) This SDMS age-group rocked the 100 Free too!
- Matt Friend broke two conference records in the 200 Free and the 500 Free.
- SDMS took 3 of top 5 spots in the Boys 9-10 50 Back (2nd – Will Bennett, 4th – Hunter Evans, 5th – Sam Wilson).
- Brayden Clark broke 30 seconds in the Boys 11-12 50 Free for the first time and took home gold!
- SDMS took 2 of the top 5 spots in the Girls 11-12 100 Free (4th – Joplyn Whitehead, 5th – Mikayla Rodriques).
- SDMS Relay of Mitch Friend, Matt Friend, Curtis Knapp and Carter Worth set a new conference record in the 15 & Up 200 Free Relay.
- Paola Santiago took 1st in the 8 & Under 25 Fly with a time of 21.63 and she’s only 6 years old!
- And of course many more, including great relay performances earning top 5 spots!
Feel free to check out the conference meet results to see how your child did.
Final Team Scores
SDMS Seahawks – 1916
East Lightning – 1793
Indianola Swim Club – 1640.5
RHS Stormriders – 393.5
Congrats Seahawks on another great season! See you in the summer!
Keep in touch with SDMS in the off-season by following us online on Facebook and the website. We’ve still got a lot going on!
MidWest Regionals: This big meet is the last weekend in March and we’ll post a meet update online. Plus – you should be able to follow that meet on meet mobile.
SDMS Diving Clinic: The first youth diving clinic begins in March 4th. There will also be another one in May. Spots fill very quickly, so if you’re interested in being added to the diving email list to get advance notice of the camp, please email Tereca Weber.
Advanced Camps for Advanced/USA Elite Swimmers: This camp will be in May. It will be open to year-round swimmers first. If there are available spots, we’ll offer a new item on the store for camp sign-up. This camp is a great way to get in shape for our USA meets in early June.
Summer Registration: Open now! For all swimmers who would like to pay annually, summer registration is open now. Annual pay saves you over 5% and you get your choice of practice slots for the summer and winter season. Summer Season Only registration will open March 4th!
Swim Lessons: We’re proud to announce the return of our swim lessons! We are planning to offer two three-week sessions this summer, one in June, one in July, depending on demand. Registration for June’s is open now! These classes include in-water instruction and are capped at 15 students (or 5 per instructor). Classes will be held three days a week.
General questions? Go to Contact Us located in the upper menu.