Monday (6/17) was the first meet of the summer season! The SMDS Seahawks packed the pool and the stands with about a 100 swimmers there to compete. And compete they did!
The Seahawks won almost every heat of the night, including a close medley relay for the older boys. Several swimmers from all age groups had personal best times. Plus, new swimmers got the chance to see what swim meets are all about and try to earn ribbons of their own!
While we can’t recognize everyone’s awesome swims, we did want to note a few below:
• Christian Beldan swimming a new personal best in the 50 Free (25.85) and 100 Free (56.91) in the 13-14 Boys events.
• Ruby Hoch going a 22.20 in the girls 8 and under 25 free.
• Lauren Benson hitting 34.19 in the 9-10 girls 50 free.
• Courtney Meyer winning the girls 9-10 50 back with a time of 44.18.
• Hunter Evans winning the boys 9-10 50 free and 100 free with times of 33.44 and 1:15.68.
• Cadyn Niemeyer winning the girls 11-12 50 breast with a time of 51.43.
Check out the full meet results to see everyone’s swims.
Meet results can always be found under Club Swimming > Current Season under the Meet Results heading. They remain posted until a couple weeks before the next season starts. Feel free to print or save the PDF results so you can track your child’s progress.
Note: For meets without electronics (ex. Roosevelt) the places won’t be correct in the PDF results, but the times WILL be and so will the ribbon your child receives (if applicable).
Next Meet – Monday, June 24
Everyone swims next Monday but SDMS Gray and SDMS White will be swimming at separate meets. Be sure to get signed up by Thursday (6/20) at 4PM and to use the correct sign-up and select the correct team from the drop down menu.
We’d love for everyone to compete in meets to gain experience. So be sure to get signed up!