The Seahawks had 34 USA Elite swimmers attend the second USA meet of the season this weekend (11/23 & 11/24), the DMSF Fall Invitational, where we swam great! There were 14 teams from around Iowa competing including some from as far away as Dubuque and Black Hawk county!
SDMS took top 10 in several races. Several swimmers swam events for the first time and had outstanding times with many others swimming new personal bests. But that’s not all, we met several qualifying times for both MidWest Regionals and the ISI Short Course Championship meet!
As always, we can’t recognize everyone so here’s just few meet highlights. But view the full meet results to see how everyone did!
- Will Chase’s 37.41 in the 8 & Under 50 Free earned him 3rd place!
- Paola Santiago’s 3rd place finish in the 8 & Under 50 Fly in a 45.82
- Lauren Benson’s 9-10 Girls 100 Free time of 1:14.42
- Javier Santiago swam the 11-12 Boys 50 Free in 28.95
- Brayden Clark’s took 4th in the 11-12 Boys 50 Breaststroke with a time of 37.85
- Annika Schulz’s 11-12 Girls 50 Breaststroke 39.78
- 11-12 Boys Free Relay of (Clark, J. Santiago, Bennett and Klocke) took 2nd overall!
MidWest Regionals Qualifiers
Congratulations to these swimmers who qualified for MidWest Regionals held in Minnesota each year. You can also view the 2014 Qualifying Times for all events.
- Sam Wilson qualifying in the 50 back!
- Ellie Sizemore adding the 50 free to the MN qualifier list!
- Abigail Contreras qualifying to MN for the first time in the 50 free!
- Sara Bennett qualifying in the 500 free!
ISI Short Course Championship Meet Qualifiers
Congratulations to these swimmers who qualified for the ISI Championship Meet held in Iowa City in February each year. You can also view the current ISI Short Course Qualifying Times for all events.
- Sam Wilson qualifying in the 50 backstroke!
- Javier Santiago qualifying in the 100 free!
Note: ISI is the Iowa Chapter of USA Swimming. The qualifying times and corresponding age bracket are based on an athlete’s age the day of the meet. For example the ISI Championship meet is held Feb. 21-23, 2014, so use your child’s age on that date when looking at applicable qualifying times. All athletes must be USA members to participate in this meet (and other USA swim meets).
Meanwhile, Midwest Regionals is held at the University of Minnesota’s Aquatic Center each spring and open to all club swimmers who can qualify. The age cut-off for events is 12/1/13, so when reviewing the qualification times, be sure to use the proper age-bracket for your child’s age on December 1st.