Congratulations to the SDMS Seahawks for bringing home their 7th consecutive conference title this weekend (2/21 & 2/22) at the Two Rivers Conference Championship Meet! Before the meet, the seed times were so close that the final team score looked to be within ten points. But with outstanding swims and big time drops, the Seahawks came together to win by over 300 points!
This was one of the most dominant conference meets in recent history for South Des Moines Swimming. The team’s performance really shows that all of the hard work over the last 17 weeks was worth it!
East – 1,882
Altoona – 1,596
Below are just a few of the highlights from the meet. Check out the full meet results. They can also be found on the Current Season page under the Club Swimming tab until the start of the summer club season.
- Cayden Niemeyer qualifying to MN Regionals in three different events.
- Lauren Benson winning the 9-10 Girls 100 freestyle and going a personal best 1.13!
- Will Chase winning the 8 & Under Boys 25 free, 50 free, and 100 IM!
- Josie Helm qualifying to MN Regionals in two events.
- Sam Wilson setting personal bests and winning the 9-10 Boys 100 IM, 100 free, and 50 Fly!
- Plus – SDMS took 44% of the medals (1st, 2nd or 3rd place) and won 51% of the events in the meet
Four more days of practice: Don’t forget, we added extra practices this week to help off-set the weather cancellations this season.
End-of-season party Friday (2/28) 5:00-6:00PM: We’re doing something different this season! We’re asking parents not to flood the pool with food. Instead we’re inviting them to join in on the fun. The pool will be set up so kids can have fun racing each other and their parents! Coaches will also be taking part in the races too!
If you qualified for MidWest Regionals, be sure to read more about the meet, which also includes how to register and pay for the additional practices. Further details will also be sent to all qualifiers via email.