Last weekend (4/6 & 4/7) marked the official end of Winter club season. The MidWest Regional qualifiers made their way to Minneapolis, MN to compete against 78 other teams. And it was a success!
SDMS finished 25th, an improvement over last year when we were 28th out of only 64 teams, this year consisted of 78 teams from 9 different states! But the best part of the weekend were the time drops! Our swimmers were setting new personal bests during every session.
Here’s just a few meet highlights from the weekend. While we can’t recognize everyone, we are so proud of all the athletes who made the trip to MN.
- Will Chase earned 6th place overall in the Boys 8&U 50 Free and the Boys 8&U 25 Free
- Lauren Benson dropped 1.83 seconds in her Girls 9-10 100 Free
- Josie Helm swam the Girls 9-10 100 Free in 1:16.57 and dropped over 2.5 seconds!
- Aubrey Douds dropped 3.93 seconds (100 Free), 2.31 seconds (200 Free) and 1.72 seconds (100 Fly)!
- 12&U 200 Free Relay (Evans, Chase, Wilson, Santiago) placed 8th overall!
- Sam Wilson swam the Boys 9-10 100 Free in 1:14.91 and dropped 1.15 seconds
- Javier Santiago dropped 4.75 seconds in the Boys 11-12 50 Fly!
Check out the full meet results to see all the fast times!
Thank you to all of our families for another great club season. We hope to see you all this summer!