Monday (7/7) was the last dual meet of the season for the SDMS club swimmers. It was a rematch of Gray vs. Gold that was filled with great races!
In the first meet [link to original article], the Gray team won by 13 points. This time – it came down to a slim two point victory for the Gray team. Great job everyone!
Here are just few meet highlights. Since we can’t recognize everyone’s great swims – be sure to check out the full meet results.
- Jack De Meyer going a season best 38 seconds in his 25 free
- Aubrey Douds splitting a 36 seconds in the 50 fly as part of the medley relay, her fastest time yet
- Will Bennett going his fastest 50 free in the medley relay with a time of 27 seconds
- Torin Lackmann setting another personal best in the 100 IM with a 1.22
- Shaun Slycord hitting 46 seconds in his 50 breast
- Emma Chase going a time of 35 seconds in the 50 free and 45 seconds in the 50 breast
- 200 MR team of (Mangin, Meyer, Niemeyer, Sizemore) winning with a 2.33
- 200 Free Relay team of (Whitlatch, Lamp, Allen, Neifert) winning with a 2.21
There’s just one club swim meet left and it’s the biggest one of the season! The SDMS Championship Swim Meet is Monday, July 21st. The practices leading into this meet are designed to help swimmers achieve personal bests. Plus – the Championship Meet is where swimmers can earn medals if they come in first, second or third for the event. We can’t wait to see everyone there swimming fast!
Stay tuned for more details on the Championship Meet next week.