The meet was a great one filled close races all night! In fact, the 200 IM race had the crowd on their feet cheering. Several races were decided by less than .5 of a second. Another amazing stat? 92% of the swims were new person bests!
While there tons of great swims from the final meet of the season, here are just a few highlights. Be sure to check out the full meet results too.
- 9-10 Girls 200 Free Relay (A. Douds, R. Berg, A. Sealine, L. Benson) swam a 2:12 and won the 9-12 age-group 200 Free Relay event!
- Javier Santiago winning the 200 IM with a personal best time of 2:37
- Kalani Mangin took 1st place with a personal best time of :37 in the 11-12 Girls 50 Back
- Catherine Dooley won the 11-12 Girls 50 Breaststroke with a personal best time of :39
- Ellie Sizemore swam a personal best 1:06 and won the 11-12 100 Free
- Will Chase won the 9-10 Boys 50 Breaststroke with at time of :48
This season was an unbelievable success. We compared swims from the winter championship meet to the summer one and the time drops are substantial! With an SDMS focused set-up, we could seed events to give each swimmer competitive races. Not too mention – we did a special meet for the first time ever, the Seahawk Sprint Classic. Congratulations to all of the Seahawks on a great season!
Believe it or not, we are already prepping for the winter season, fall swim camps and more. The pool is always busy! Check out what’s next for our SDMS fans and families below.
- Winter registration opens Aug. 1st. Look for more details to be posted then.
- Fall Advanced/USA Elite Swim Camp registration also opens on August 1st.
- Time for another Photo Contest in August! Look for more information to be shared mid-month.
- Apparel is available to order Aug. 1-Sept. 30. Check out all the new items like warm-ups, team suits, sweatshirts and more!