The Seahawks did great at the first USA Swimming meet of the year – the CIA Fall Mixer. The meet kicked off Saturday (10/25) with warm-ups at 8:00AM. SDMS had 15 athletes head to Summit Middle School aiming for faster seed times!
Be sure to check out the full meet results on Meet Mobile (the free app). Simply search “CIA Fall Mixer”. Here’s a few meet highlights:
- Paola Santiago placed 3rd in the Girls 8 & Under 25 Free with a 16.47
- Will Bennett dropped over 2 seconds in the Boys 11-12 100 Free for a new personal best time of 1:04.34!
- Torin Lackmann’s 1:24.72 time in the Girls 11-12 100 Breaststroke is a new personal best by 6.65 seconds!
- Sam Wilson took 10th in the Boys 11-12 50 Fly with a 36.65
- Javier Santiago dropped 14 seconds in the Boys 13-14 500 Free to a 6:21.61
- Will Chase finished 8th in the Boys 9-10 50 Free with a 35.34
- Will Bennett had another personal best in the Boys 11-12 50 Free – 29.19!
- Catherine Dooley’s 11-12 50 Free time of 31.62
- Courtney Meyer swam the Girls 11-12 50 Free in time of 31.86
- Ashley Liening dropped over 2 seconds in the Girls 11-12 50 Free to a new time of 35.55
Congratulations to all of the SDMS USA Elite swimmers who competed in their first USA meet of the season!