The Seahawks swam great at the big Midwest Regional swim meet held in Minneapolis, MN over the weekend (3/28-29).South DM Swimming earned 553 points and finished 13th of 84 registered teams. That’s 12 spots better than SDMS’s 2014 finish (306 pts)!
Plus – exactly 20 SDMS team records were broken! Check out the updated team records to see the new times. SDMS Team Records are located on the team website in the top header.
Local Team Comparison
Over the last couple years, more local swim clubs from Des Moines have started attending Midwest Regionals too. Here’s how the Seahawks compared to other Des Moines metro teams.
South DM Swimming (SDMS): 553 points and 13th place
Northside Otters (NSST): 340 points and 24th place
East Swim Team: 191 points and 34th place
With such outstanding swims both days, we can’t recognize everyone. Here’s just a few of the highlights:
- SDMS earning 10 Top 4 finishes (which means the athletes got medals!)
- Chloe Marquis earned a personal best time in the 11-12 Girls 100 Back with a 1:04
- 8 & Under girls (Douds, Feuling, Sizemore, Santiago) broke both relay team records. Plus – they took down 5 team records as a whole!
- Javier Santiago swam 1:08.00 in 13-14 Boys 100 Back, a personal best and team record
- Brayden Clark set two team records, the 13-14 Boys 100 Free (56.66) and 13-14 Boys 100 Breaststroke (1:14.79)
- Catherine Dooley swam the 11-12 Girls 50 Breaststroke in 37.61 and set a new team record
- Sara Bennett earned personal best in the 15-18 Girls 500 Free with a 5:48 and set an SDMS record
View photos from the meet on the South DM Swimming facebook page. Plus – you can share your own!