Seahawk Sprint Classic A Success!
The exciting and fun Seahawk Sprint Classic was last night (6/23)! Swimmers of all ages had fun competing against each other in unique races like the 25 Backstroke.
This meet works a little differently than the standard SDMS or USA swim meet. Boys and girls competed against each other for the same ribbons last night. Also several age-groups were combined to ensure the most competitive events.
Below are just a few of the great swims from Monday’s Sprint Classic.
- Paige McCollough dropped 8 seconds in her 50 free to hit a 37.12!
- Emma Chase swam her 11-12 50 Breaststroke in 40.79, dropping over 4 seconds
- Thomas McPhee hit a time of 32.60 in his 11-12 50 Free, a drop of 7 seconds!
- Ellie Sizemore swam a personal best 11-18 100 Free with a 1.03.61
- Jack De Meyer went his fastest 8 & U 25 free with a 22.37
- Erica Benson swam her 13-18 50 Breaststroke in 38.69
- Logan Neifert broke 30 seconds in the 13-14 50 Free for the first time with his 29.44!
Of course, we encourage you to check out the full meet results to see all the great swims. Meet results for the current season can always be found under Club Swimming > Current Season.
If you’re interested in viewing the results from prior seasons, check out the SDMS Meet Results Archive. Comparing to earlier meets is a great way to track an athlete’s improvement. Even if you’re a new swimmer, it’s nice to see where others may have started just a season or two ago.
Don’t forget your meet ribbons! SDMS tries very hard to get all meet ribbons in the file cabinet folders within a day or two of every club meet. Please check your folders if you haven’t already.
Folders can be found in the file cabinet located in the pool stands right by the door. Folders are alphabetical by last name.
Battle of the Ages Meet: July 13, 2015. The Battle of the Ages meet pits age-groups against each others. The meet “winner” is the age-group with the biggest percent of time drops! So now’s the time to work extra hard for the next few weeks of practice so you can do your age-group proud! The meet sign-up will open Monday, July 6th and close at 8PM on Thursday, July 9th.
General questions? Go to Contact Us located in the upper menu.