The Seahawks just started summer season on June 6th. And the USA Swimming Seahawks attended their first meet just a few days later – the ACAC Rock the Blocks held June 9th-12th.
Summer USA meets are a “long-course” style, which means the swimmers race 50 straight meters before reaching a wall for a finish or flip-turn. Long-course meets require extra stamina and offer a chance for swimmers to try new distances in their favorite events.
Rock the Blocks was also set up as a prelims/finals format meet. In others words, each swimmer races in the prelims. The top 16 finishers after the prelims race qualify for the finals race, where they race again to determine the final placing for the event.
Below are just a few meet highlights. Full meet results can also be viewed.
- Torin Lackmann made the finals in the 13-14 Girls 100 Breaststroke where she took 5th overall with a 1:27.40
- Benjamin Liedtke dropped 7.27 seconds in his 11-12 Boys 50 Free!
- Keegan Kraft swam the 8 & Under 50 Back in 55.55 (-2.26 seconds)
- Hannah Groos swam her 11-12 200 Free in 2:58.60 (-4.81 seconds)
- Lauren Benson took 17th in the 11-12 100 Fly with a 1:27.96
Here’s a few photos from the meet! Enjoy!