Fun & Exciting Gray vs. Gold Meet!
The first club meet of the season was last night (6/16). This Gray vs. Gold meet proved to be an exciting one!
The meet format was different from the past club meets. For the first time, boys and girls were seeded against each other in the same age-groups to create the most competitive races for all involved.
This meet had over 50 races with new personal best times!! It was so exciting to see all of our fans cheering and getting loud during the races. The swimmers could definitely hear the roar and were inspired to swim faster and harder.
With so man awesome races, we can’t recognize everyone. But here’s just a few meet highlights. Be sure to check out the full meet results for all the times.
- Will Chase pulling out the win in the 100 freestyle with a 1.21!
- Ellie Sizemore hitting 1.10 in the 100 free and :31 in the 50 free, twice!
- Erica Benson setting lifetime bests in all three of her individual events!
- Griffin McCollough going his fastest 100 back time ever with a 1.18!
- Brayden Clark going his fastest 100 free time with a 1.01!
- Lauren Benson hitting a :37 in the 50 fly in the 9-10 medley relay, a personal best!
- 16 brand new swimmers competing for the first time in a swim meet, way to go kids!!
Coach Weber divided the team randomly across all age-groups to create two sub-teams, a Gray team and a Gold team. The final result? The Gray team won by 13 points! That should make the rematch in a few weeks even more exciting.
Don’t forget to sign-up for the Seahawk Sprint Classic. This unique meet is next week.
General questions? Go to Contact Us located in the upper menu.