Summer season came to a close tonight (7/27) with the SDMS Championship Meet. Not only were ribbons and medals earned, but a ton of new personal bests were set. In fact, the vast majority of swimmers met (or exceeded) the goals they set in the Index Card Challenge! Great job Seahawks!
Just a few of the highlights from the Championship Meet are below. Be sure to check out the full meet results. The meet results can also be found on Meet Mobile, simply search for SDMS.
- Aubrey Douds set a new 12 & Under Girls 200 Free record with her time of 2:22.75
- Logan Kessler won the 8 & Under Boys 25 Free in a season best 22.15!
- Grace Crady going a personal best in the 13-14 Girls 50 Free with a :30.66!
- Thomas McPhee hitting a :38 in his 11-12 Boys 50 Back and winning the event!
- Paige McCollough dropping 3 seconds in her 11-12 50 Free and 50 Back going :34 and :41!
- Henry Groos going a personal best :22 in his 8 & Under 25 Fly!
- Brianna Neifert hitting a :37 in her 50 back leg of the 11-12 200 Medley Relay!
Thank you to all our families and fans for another great season! It is a pleasure to coach your children and help them continue to improve as competitive swimmers. We hope to see everyone back in the winter!
Team Party Details
Celebrate the summer season and pick-up any medals/ribbons at the team party! The party will be held at Lincoln High School tomorrow night (7/28) from 5:30-6:30PM. Swimmers will be able to race coaches and go off the diving board. Parents are welcome to bring suits and join in on the fun to race their children in a parent vs. athlete relays. However – we ask that no food/drinks be brought to the pool.
Winter Season Registration
Registration for the winter season will open August 15th . Due to additional changes from DMPS, the registration will work a little differently from the summer season. SDMS will provide a link to the Adult & Community Education website. You will still pick your practice slot and pay online (as you would with the SDMS online store). More details will follow in early August, including fees. Families that paid annually are not affected by this change. All SDMS apparel can still be purchased at http://www.shop.southdmswimming.com during the ordering window (Aug. 15-Oct 1).
Youth Dive Clinic | August 10-21: There are still a few spots remaining in the 10:00-11:00AM dive clinic. If you have a daughter (ages 8-13) interested in learning more about competitive diving, this clinic is a great start. To learn more, check out the clinic’s details. You can contact Coach Tereca with questions.